Monday, January 26, 2009

"They Will Always Be My Babies!"

I have so enjoyed being a mom and there are many days that I sit back and look at my kids and I can't believe how fast they are growing up. Garrett and I have had this saying for a long time now and the twins are just now getting into as well.......Garrett was worried one day when he was much much younger that I wouldn't love him as much as the new babies (the twins) and I told him how much I loved him and that he would "always be my baby". That has stuck and we say it most everyday. Garrett has finally learned how to say it correctly. He used to say...."don't worry mom, you will always be my baby". Which is the same way I would say it to him. It was so cute that I never corrected him. I'm sad that he gets it right now. They grow up so quickly!

Some other things that the boys say that are so cute:

Sawyer: "We can't go outside, there's bees and wasps out there"
Chase: "I don't want a hot dog, I want DOG FOOD! (he means a corn dog)
Sawyer & Chase: "We don't want to go to the Big Church, we want to go to the Cute Church" (they aren't to sure about moving up to sunbeams.")
Garrett: he is really into using big words these days and they don't always come out in the right context.....I was trying to teach him to wipe his own bum because he was at the time 4 years old. I was getting a little frustrated because he was lacking confidence in the situation, so I said..."Does Patsy(babysitter) get mad at you cause you can't wipe your own bum?" Garrett replied, "No, she just gets impressed!"
Garrett: has recently started saying to Lance when he is teasing him...which is most of the time..."Whatever dad...You're not cool." (It's funny how you go from totally cool to a complete nerd over night.)
That's all that is coming to mind right now...I will have to think of more later.

Garrett doing what he does best...being a big brother

I had to bribe Chase with chocolate to get him to hug his brother

I wanted to get a picture of all the kid's feet, but those of you who know Teeka know that her feet never stop moving. This is the best I could do.

I love this...The boys love their sister so much

My four sweet babies...."You''ll always be my babies"

2 comments:

  1. What a cute post. I was laghing pretty hard at what the boys say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- the boys seems so calm and sweet with Teeka! I could never lay all my kids on the floor like that- they would squish Cienna for sure! They are so cute! I love that you tell Garrett that he will always be your baby! I started saying that to Carter and he REALLY likes that.

    ReplyDelete