Sunday, June 21, 2009

SPIDERS & BUGS & WORMS....OH MY!

So Chase and Sawyer have been having some issues with all kinds of creepy crawlies lately and we have been trying every trick in the book to help them overcome their fear of bugs. Garrett has even gone to extremes to show the boys how brave he can be and he is so good about constantly encouraging them to be brave like him. So while we were picnicking Lance decided to dig under a rock and give them each their very own pet worm. Fun..right? Well, the boys really took to it. Great idea dad! Garrett and Chase were so excited and began making a worm haven so Garrett could take the worms for show and share at school. Sawyer was trying to be a trooper and play along, but his faces say it all. He really wasn't sure about the whole thing, but he hung in there like a champion.

Sawyer with his pet worm

Garrett with his pet worm

Chase with his pet worm

We were all really playing up how brave they were both being, so I wanted to take this picture to make them feel special. I wanted them to hold their worms up and say "cheese". See how Chase was loving it, and Sawyer was really doing his best! So, as they were saying "cheese, cheese, cheese"...all of the sudden Chase says, "uh oh...I broke him head off". That's right....he broke his worm in half. A bite of a tragedy that didn't last long because we were all laughing so hard. The boys had me tell the story about 20 times as we drove down the mountain. So much fun!

P.S. We need Carter to come visit...he is the bug machine!

3 comments:

  1. that's so cute! I love that he broke his head off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that story! It's so funny! Parker is excited to find worms with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! I thought that worm looked a little stretched out. I miss you guys like crazy!!!!

    ReplyDelete