Monday, August 10, 2009

Teek'a 1st Birthday!

I feel horrible that it has taken me so long to post Teeka's 1st Birthday Party. Things have been so crazy and it has already been over a month since the sweet girl turned 1. I figure...better late than never!

Teeka had a great 1st birthday. As with all 1st birthdays, she didn't have a clue what was happening, but man did she love her birthday cake! She was so funny! The boys hadn't even gotten the candles blown out and she was already digging in! We had just put the cake down in front of her on the coffee table not thinking the little turkey would dive right in...without a bib...and standing on the carpet...but she did! Lance and I were so shocked because none of the boys would have even thought of doing this...I mean...getting their hands dirty and all!LOL!!! She couldn't get enough. She just sat there licking her fingers, saying yummmm, and diving in for more. We love you Teeka!

So while I was getting the little diva washed up the boys took it upon themselves to open all her presents...after all...she couldn't do it, right? So their dad told them to take the presents and hide under the table so I wouldn't know. Sure enough, they thought they were pulling a fast one on me and that I wouldn't figure it out! Good thing I am smarter than they think!

Here is the cake...POST TEEKA! I didn't even get a picture of it before the damage was done!

This picture was taken before I realized what was happening, but Chase obviously has it figured out!
This was so cute that it was hard to stop her, but something had to be done before she had it all over the carpet!

How could anyone be upset with a face like that?

Getting ready for the presents. Funny...I don't have any of her opening them. Oh yeah! She didn't open them! Thanks boys!LOL!!!

This is the first "girl" toy Lance and I have bought for her. She loves walking around behind it and thinks she is pretty cool when she sits and scoots it around.

Here is Teeka on her birthday in her brand new "big girl" car seat. She was so excited and she just starred at me the whole way to work.

These are just some cute picture of our girl. She is so adventurous and always has to be right in the middle of everything. She loves to be anywhere the boys are and I am so proud of them as to how tolerant they are of their little princess. Teeka isn't quite walking yet, but she does walk between furniture and can stand in the middle of the floor now. She loves to talk and tries to say most everything we do. We have heard her say dog, cow, bye-bye, & I love you (IU), but not consistently yet. She says mama, dada, & uh-oh all the time and screams MORE at us when she wants more food. You'd think we starve the little thing. She love to explore everything and isn't afraid of getting dirty...I mean even knee deep in ANYTHING! She is still the most active baby I have ever tried to hold onto, but yet gives the biggest and longest hugs you have ever seen. We love you little LOU!
Teeka at the lake...knee deep in it!

Teeka loves to help me do dishes. The second that dishwasher is down she is right there helping.

Teeka loves to help get things out of the refrigerator. The second it comes open she is right there too.
Happy 1st Birthday Teeka Lou!

No comments:

Post a Comment